Online Policies – Privacy Statement
- We understand and share your concerns regarding your children’s access to the internet and the internet’s access to your children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly request, accept, maintain, or disclose information submitted to us online by any visitor under 13 years of age.
- If we become aware that an individual under 13 has provided information to us online, we will not use or disclose that individual’s information for any purpose unless required to do so by law. If a child whom we know to be under age thirteen sends personal information to us online, the e-mail address of the child will be deleted and no personal information will be collected, stored, or disclosed.
Terms of Service
- All services provided by 4.0 GPA LLC are subject to the following Terms of Service. By purchasing a service from 4.0 GPA LLC, the customer agrees to these terms of service.
- GPA reserves the right to modify or amend the Terms of Service. These terms are not comprehensive. Please contact a representative, if you have any questions or do not understand the terms below.
- Scheduling of Sessions – 4.0 GPA will work out a time that is suitable to all parties for your consultation or tutoring service.
- Location of Sessions – In-person sessions are typically held on the College Campuses or Public Libraries campus Online sessions are conducted through mediums such as Skype
- Cancellation of Session by the Client – If the client needs to cancel a session, we ask that the client give your 4.0 GPA at least a twenty-four (24) hour notice prior to the scheduled session. If you give less than a twenty-four (24) hour notice prior to the session, you will receive one fee exemption. If you do not give any notice, you will be charged for that session in full.
- Cancellation of Session by a 4.0 GPA representative without a 24 hours notice will lead to the customer being issue one free session.
- Tardiness of Client – Like many people today, our Tutor-Analysts have a busy schedule. If you (the client) are running late, we ask that you notify us. If a client is tardy by more than fifteen (15) minutes, 4.0 GPA reserves the right to cancel the session and charge (1) hour of General Admissions Counseling, Essay Coaching, , or Academic Tutoring service.
- Although 4.0 GPA cannot guarantee performance (i.e. grades will improve, failure will be avoided, or acceptance into college/university/program), we are interested in your feedback.
Expectation of Student and Parent/Guardian
- The Student will complete his/her applications, write his/her essays, and his/her homework or other school related work. The applications, essays, homework, and other school related work must be original student work, and not to be completed by an outside party, including but not limited to the Parents of the student. 4.0 GPA and its advisors team is under no obligation to fill out the Student’s applications, write essays, or complete homework/school-related work. It is the Student’s obligation to fulfill any deadline imposed by a college (for college app deadlines) or their school.
- The Student agrees that assignments given (e.g. essay brainstorming sheet, diagnostic exams, etc) by 4.0 GPA, LLC or its Tutor-Analyst team form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work in a timely manner.
- For students who are applying to colleges with the help of Ivy Planners, the Student will research information such as links of colleges, application start date, due dates, requirements of the program, and other pertinent information and place this in a document (such as a spreadsheet) or online college organizer. While 4.0 GPA will aid the student with this research, this information is ultimately the Student’s responsibility.
- The Student agrees to maintain strong communication with his/her coach, which includes responding and following up to all email, text messages, and phone calls. The Student/Parent will alert 4.0 GPA LLC and his/her coach of deadlines and new assignments in a timely manner. While 4.0 GPA is here to help our students in the process and will make a good faith effort in scheduling sessions and providing assistance, the Student is ultimately responsible for meeting his/her deadlines.
Non-Solicitation of 4.0 GPA – As a client 4.0 GPA, you are expected not to solicit or contract with an coach except through 4.0 GPA LLC or with the express written consent of 4.0 GPA. You acknowledge that 4.0 GPAhas a valid contract and/or business expectancy with its planners and that any attempt to solicit or contract with an Ivy Planner shall be considered intentional interference, without justification.
Payment – All tutoring and academic advising sessions are prepaid only. Under no circumstances should a Tutor-Analyst accept payment from a client. However, Ivy Planners management may accept payment from a client. Checks are only accepted in-person by Ivy Planners, LLC management.
Minimum 1-Hour Policy – 4.0 GPA has a minimum one (1) hour policy for in person sessions. If a session lasts less than an hour it will be rounded to a full hour. Sessions longer than an hour will be rounded to the nearest fifteen (15) minutes.
0 GPA reserves the right to discontinue working with a student/parent for any reason.
4.0 GPA reserves the right to modify or amend the Terms of Service. These terms are not comprehensive. Please contact a representative, if you have any questions or do not understand the terms below.